Saturday, April 22, 2006

Life is Good, Thanks be to God

No politics today. Only a few moments to comment on life's blessings. It's a beautiful morning in Houston. The Honeysuckle is in bloom, and their fragrance is permeating the entire back yard. There must be 10,000 blooms surrounding the 40 foot telephone pool. One Hibiscus bush has 15 blooms, and my Gardenias are just beginning to bloom.

I've got the waterfall turned on in my new pool, and my two youngest boys are having a blast in the pool. Our dog Astro is still fighting the streams of water falling over the hot tub into the pool. Poor fool doesn't understand it's a battle he'll never win, until I turn the pumps off, that is.

And I've even managed to turn some bad news into good. My oldest son and daughter, who are both in big-time trouble for grades, have been put to work cleaning out the garage. So I'm left here to enjoy some good Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee on my back patio, and just soak in the morning.

Of course, these are all small blessings in the big picture. We all live in the greatest nation on earth, and our nation's promises of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness seem secure for generations to come. High gas prices, illegal immigration issue, and the war in Iraq are just a few more challenges which are sure to be overcome by our great nation. God bless America.

No comments: